Arkane Studios is looking for skilled Level Architect to join our team in developing quality games for PC and console systems. Level Architects will work closely with Level Designers to create immersive levels that blend artistic quality with gameplay design.
- Design and build FPS levels and maintain them until release
- Partner with Level Designers, who will provide narration, game ideas, and scripting
- Collaborate with Environment Artists, who will provide art support for textures, materials, and final models
- Conduct thorough research, gather appropriate visual references, and propose visual direction for props and structures
- Prototype geometry and game levels in high detail gray-box. Provide 3D concepting of assets and architecture
- Implement lighting for both player navigation and mood
- Implement set-dressing and asset placement for rich environmental storytelling
- Polish and bug fixing
- Performance evaluation and optimization for game levels
- A strong eye for interesting architectural spaces and a mindfulness of flow, circulation, variations in scale, detail distribution, scene composition, and lighting.
- Experience in designing game levels that support differing play styles and which offer a high level of player engagement.
- 3 years of game industry and/or significant modding experience
- At least one shipped title in the AAA space or significant modding experience
- Proficiency and experience with at least one 3D software such as Maya for modeling
- Proficiency and experience with at least one game editors such as Unreal 4, CRYENGINE, Unity, etc.
- Capable of identifying and supporting gameplay needs and constraints within a game level
- Understanding of modular construction methods as it relates to design, memory, and performance
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Passion for games and gaming
- Experience in photography, cinema, or other related domains is a plus
As part of the application process, please submit samples of level design(s).
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.