Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Programming |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
The Database Engineer will work on a 24/7 team responsible for providing operational, infrastructure, security, scalability and highly available support for online AAA titles. They will take a hands-on role in managing the production databases with an emphasis on systems, data integrity and architecture. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker, a problem solver, solution oriented, self-motivated and will have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Manage MySQL/MariaDB, MySQL-Cluster databases in multiple datacenters on multiple continents and in the cloud.
- Manage Redis and RabbitMQ platforms in multiple datacenters on multiple continents and in the cloud.
- Ensure the stable and reliable availability of databases
- Rapidly troubleshoot database outages using experience and other available resources
- Effectively communicate technical information to Network Operations staff members and other corporate-wide staff
- Provide monitoring and disaster recovery support
- Work under the direction of senior staff
- On call 24/7 for 1-2 weeks at a time in an on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+years of previous MySQL or MariaDB experience or a MySQL DBA certification
- 2+ years of experience with CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise
- Familiarity with MySQL replication, particularly master-master replication
- Ability to create a basic relational schema
- Experience with tuning MySQL at the server config level and storage engine level
- Understanding of XFS and other file systems
- Experience with virtualization
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Perl, php, Ruby, Python)
- Understanding of the Linux IO
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting
- Strong organizational and triage skills
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- MMO database administration experience
- Scale experience
- Programming background in any applicable language
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.