Facilities, Operations, and Emergency Preparedness Manager
id Software is looking for a Facilities, Operations, and Emergency Preparedness Manager to join the award-winning AAA game development studio with day-to-day facilities, operations, and safety needs. This position will provide daily, on-site support to the studio and will report directly to the Texas Operations Manager. This role is responsible for the overall security, appearance, and functionality of the id Software offices, work areas, and meeting rooms, as well as planned maintenance and troubleshooting for essential server room cooling, fire suppression, and back up power systems. The ideal candidate is customer service minded, detail oriented, resourceful, and comfortable liaising with studio leadership, IT, HR, service technicians, vendors, and employees within the internal departments.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as necessary for building projects and be on-call 24/7/365 for building emergencies, power outages, alarms (fire, security, HVAC, generator).
- Assume responsibility and maintain an on-site presence in the event of emergencies (e.g.water leaks, plumbing back-ups, non-functioning door closers, etc.)
- Coordinate and oversee contractors who provide services and maintenance for HVAC, water, electricity, painting, cleaning, security, and general building maintenance services to facilities.
- Review and inspect construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Be a support contact for all company personnel for any building issues (climate controls, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies & repairs).
- Conduct daily walk throughs, noting additional cleaning needed, repairs, general maintenance, or wear and tear issues, light bulbs to be changed, or security issues
- Manage and coordinate maintenance and repairs on essential equipment, including CRAC units, security systems, access controls, and partner with IT for service and maintenance of essential server room equipment
- Circulate purchase requisitions and new vendor requests
- Manage the overall appearance and condition of the studio and employee amenities; liaise with building janitorial services
- Inventory, and manage all acquisition and relocation of office furniture including chairs, desks, desk pieces, lamps, etc. throughout the studio
- Organize storage rooms and off-site storage facilities
- Partner with HR on ergonomic requests
- Coordinate with HR/IT on end-user installations, desk and office moves
- Manage floor/seating chart and contacts page for studio
- Partner with HR, IT, and Managers on new hire requests
- Create and monitor all badges for all users
- Manage the studio game and book library
- Manage employee game orders and distribution of game releases
- Assist with planning, set up, and clean up monthly studio events and other special events as requested
- Deliver emergency preparedness and safety presentations and onsite trainings
- Schedule, manage, and participate in Emergency Management Group tabletop exercises to review emergency protocols and procedures.
- Schedule company-wide safety presentations. Provide training to new and existing employees
- Establish document archives and scheduled document updates
- Schedule Updates & Maintain Emergency Call Lists, Security Password Lists, Fire Warden Lists, Fire Extinguisher Inspections, Smoke Alarm Inspections, CEMP’s, and Position Notebooks among all deployed emergency management programs
- Maintain the inventory of all First Aid stations, AED’s and emergency supplies
- Liaise with studio Floor Wardens on ongoing safety protocols
- Regularly update Emergency Contact Lists, Emergency Zones, and Emergency Kits
- 3-5 years of facilities management experience, with knowledge of server room cooling, fire suppression, and UPS systems.
- Comfortable and able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Solid experience with common scheduling programs and the suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated project planning and project management skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proficiency in MSFT Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Self-motivated team player with very strong work ethic and an open-minded, cooperative attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.