This is an exciting professional opportunity for someone with the right mix of experience, drive, and professional qualities. We are a growing international video game company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft, with offices in Rockville, MD and are looking for a sharp, organized, detail-oriented professional with two to four years of financial planning and analysis experience. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for financial/business analysis including preparation and consolidation of budgets and forecasts, and ongoing operational planning and management reporting. We are looking for someone with the caliber to become a key member of the FP&A organization. If you are a team player who pays attention to detail, and if you possess the key ingredients below, then this could be the career move you’ve been waiting for.
- Key contributor on the Financial Planning & Analysis team managing the monthly and quarterly forecasting, annual planning, and management reporting of our Games-as-a-Service businesses
- Liaison with development and publishing teams to prepare monthly/quarterly/annual operating and capital forecasts throughout lifecycle of game projects, providing insight on budget variances and expense trends
- Updating and maintaining internal forecasting applications, Oracle ERP financial suite and Adaptive Planning
- Provide analytical review of development studio costs during monthly closing process including preparation and submission of expense accruals to Accounting
- Proactively identify financial issues and opportunities
- Assist with ad hoc analysis on various projects as required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field from an accredited four-year college/university
- Two to four years of experience in a Fortune 500 company doing financial analysis, reporting and budget development
- Expert working knowledge of advanced Excel features and basic working knowledge of data query tools and data warehousing
- A hands-on approach to data analysis, modeling and simulation of complex systems
- Superior intellectual and quantitative analysis capabilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to gain trust, negotiate business objectives and work directly with a broad group of managers
- Knowledge of major ERP systems, specifically Oracle
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment with tight deadlines
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) work experience in Video Games, Social Media, or Entertainment
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.