Senior Technical Environment Artist
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Art |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Senior Technical Environment Artist to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
The ideal candidate is a skilled Technical Artist who can think procedurally to solve problems, and has experience building large and/or complex environments. You will be working with small, multidisciplinary groups of artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows, build production tools, and define performance metrics parameters.
- Develop efficient, maintainable workflows capable of supporting large world building efforts
- Develop world building tools for artists and designers
- Work with Engineering to develop technical guidelines and performance requirements
- Build benchmark assets that represent standards of quality and performance
- Document system and advocate best practices
- Provide support, training and mentoring to users
- Document workflows and advocate best practices
- Fluency in one or more languages (Python, C#, C++, MaxScript, MEL, VEX, etc.)
- Experience building extensive environments in either Game or VFX industries
- Experience working with physically based materials
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter
- Solid technical background and an ability to design and implement systems
- Experience with procedural authoring tools such as Houdini or World Machine
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Self-sufficient and independent
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Familiarity with reality capture methods
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- VFX Industry experience
- Experience with Houdini
- Understanding of modern shader capabilities
- Understanding of core game data pipelines.
- Experience with special effects and shaders.
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques.
Portfolio: Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions. Resumes without work samples will not be considered.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.