Senior Global Fixed Asset Accountant
ZeniMax Media is a world-class video game developer and publisher whose primary focus is creating and selling premium video game content for consoles, PC and mobile devices to a growing worldwide market. ZeniMax is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, with offices in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. ZeniMax is seeking an experienced senior fixed asset accountant to handle the US fixed asset activity in Oracle, as well as oversee and review the non-US fixed asset accounting activity in Oracle to ensure that global capitalized fixed assets are accounted for under US GAAP accounting. The selected candidate will oversee all accounting and processing of asset transfers and disposition of hardware/software, furniture, fixtures, equipment, and leasehold improvements according to company policy.
- Maintain accurate Oracle records of global company capitalized assets including hardware, software, furniture, fixtures, equipment, and LHI activity.
- Coordinate with Purchasing teams to ensure approved Purchase Orders for Capex purchases are properly obtained and coded
- Coordinate with IT Department to ensure timely receiving of hardware into Oracle and receipt of IT’s asset tagging information for entry and mapping to the purchased hardware in Oracle’s Fixed Asset module
- Secure review and approvals from necessary parties with regard to all intercompany transfers of assets, dispositions and retirements.
- Ensure asset transfers, acquisitions, and disposals as well as the depreciation/amortization of all assets is processed in Oracle according to GAAP and Company Policy.
- Meet the monthly close deadline
- Be directly responsible for the US entry and processing of US Capex activity using Oracle R12 Fixed Asset Module
- Review non-US activity entered by others in non-US Oracle Companies to ensure compliance with US GAAP including converting statutory based fixed assets to US GAAP under our company policy and coordinate as needed with the local accounting team to address any issues
- Support the Tax Department as needed to provide necessary information for tax compliance
- Perform a global monthly rollforward for each company as well as on a consolidated basis of all personal, property and equipment and reconcile the information to the General Ledger
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position reports to the Assistant Controller
- Minimum of 4 years in an increasingly responsible accounting position, including month-end close, journal entries and reconciliations, with a strong emphasis on Fixed Asset accounting
- Experience in GAAP accounting and monthly closing processes in an ERP environment
- Experience with Oracle R12 preferred, but not required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA desired, but not required
- Experienced in high volume, fast paced, multi-divisional environments
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Extremely proficient organizational ability with superior attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in a consistent business-like manner
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Capable of working independently and as a team player
- Evenings or weekends may be required from time-to-time
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.