Lead DevOps Engineer - Web Services
Zenimax Online Studios is seeking a DevOps Engineer who can lead a team, work with others to build solutions and deliver value for its flagship AAA MMO, The Elder Scrolls Online.
You will be responsible for interfacing with teams building web-service backends, identifying technical opportunities to improve CI, build and deployment practices, improving quality of practices and ensuring that work is broken down into plans and can be estimated and delivered.
The preferred location for this role is Hunt Valley, MD, Austin, TX, Madison, WI, San Diego, CA, or Seattle, WA. Will consider remote.
- Ensure that the team is able to deliver to customers on a regular cadence
- Maintain and extend existing systems that are critical for ZOS to deliver its products
- Improve technical quality and advocate for new solutions that add value to the customers
- Assist teams with understanding the ecosystem of infrastructure that their products live within
- Ensure that the team, as a whole, can provide rotating on-call support for products you support
- Align the team towards engineering solutions, rather than operations solutions
- Mentor team members and grow the capabilities of your team
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading a team and driving the team towards established goals
- Clear communicator and active listener
- Working experience with Python, Bash, Go, Ruby
- Linux System Administration
- Configuration management (e.g. Chef, Salt, etc.)
- Understanding of TCP, HTTP, HTTPS, the role of a CDN
- High level understanding of infrastructure, networking, and security principles
- Cloud architecture experience (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Kubernetes
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.