Data Quality Analyst
Bethesda Softworks, a global video game publisher/developer headquartered in Rockville, MD, seeks a Data Quality Analyst. The Data Quality Analyst is team member of the Enterprise Business Intelligence Organization. The role is responsible for ensuring that data presented to constituents is reliable, accurate and timely. The Analyst works closely with Data Engineers and Analysts to test data sources, validate data, monitor production reporting, and alert the team when there are issues. The Analyst will also work closely with key business stakeholders (e.g. Finance and business organizations) to make certain data provided meets compliance and corporate reporting requirements.
During the software development life-cycle, the Analyst is responsible for documenting data test plans and the execution of those plans. The Analyst will understand expected outputs of the analysis and will be well versed to respond to queries about reported information. The analyst will support data quality and automation efforts.
- Partner with Analytics and Engineering teams to verify the implementation and accuracy of dashboard content
- Perform analysis of real-time data flowing into and out of database systems and accurately interpret, prepare, and communicate results
- Perform data manipulations such as data imports, exports, and updates
- Run reports against data stores to identify issues related to data accuracy.
- Vet data values using different sources to pro-actively identify problems (errors, bugs, missing data, etc.).
- Identify appropriate techniques for answering questions.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, economics, computer science, information management, statistics or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the software QA industry
- 1-3 years of experience working knowledge of Tableau, SQL
- 2-3 years experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files: analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders across the company in both verbal and written formats
- Passion for both games and analytics
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic with ability to prioritize, work with multiple departments and deliver at a high speed
- Ability to perform advanced SQL queries in response to business needs. Ability to perform advanced aggregation functions, windowing functions, datetime wrangling, and working with multiple layers of data
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.