Technical Artist: Rigging & Animation
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Art |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
We are looking for a skilled Character Rigger to help advance our rigging system and support ongoing projects at the studio. If you are talented, highly motivated, passionate about character production and all the surrounding activities, please apply for the position. We would love to hear from you!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain high quality, high-performance animation rigs.
- Work closely with Modelers and Animators to ensure all disciplines are getting what they need.
- Develop animation tools: pose, libraries, transfer, sequencing, etc.
- Provide general support to Technical Art’s in-studio customer base.
- 3-5 years industry experience character rigging (Maya, Houdini, Max, Modo, etc.)
- Strong understanding of anatomy and kinematics
- Strong understanding of Python, C# or another object oriented scripting language.
- Strong understanding of animation pipelines in general
- Interest in developing rigging system
- Work collaboratively with technical and creative team members.
- Strong communication skills
- Self-sufficient and independent
- Time management skills
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- PyQt or PySide
- MMO experience a plus.
- Understanding of core game data pipelines.
- Experience with special effects and shaders.
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques.
Portfolio: Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions. Resumes without work samples will not be considered.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.