Senior Technical Artist
Division: Bethesda Game Studios - Austin | Department: Art |
Austin , TX, US
Bethesda Studios Austin is looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist to help with coordinating tools development, pipeline development and technical support between the engineering and art teams. The Technical Artist will work with the art teams to ensure maximum pipeline efficiency and analyzes workflow to ensure the art teams have the tools they need to successfully deliver on the art direction while meeting performance and memory criteria.
- Works directly with artists, animators and engineers to develop software tools and scripts that enhance and streamline the creation of art and animation for a broad range of problems and issues
- Works with graphics programmers and tech artists to provide the art team with advanced tools to assist them in asset production
- Troubleshoot asset pipelines and shepherds the team towards stable and long-term solutions
- Participates in determining technical and artistic approaches and in developing new or enhanced technical tools
- Creates an environment where artists/animators can focus entirely on their art rather than working through technical constraints
- Communicate problems, risks, and obstacles to the management team on pipeline matters and proactively work towards solutions
- Minimum 7 years' experience in art and animation production for interactive entertainment, including minimum of one product cycle as a technical artist in the industry
- Able to support rigging and skinning of character assets
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in 3DS Max, Maya, and Havok Cloth implementation
- Fluency in Python, QT, and MEL
- Experience and knowledge of PBR systems including Substance Painter and Designer
- Familiar with shader creation
- Experience in Houdini a plus
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.