Backend Server Engineer
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Programming |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
As our Backend Server Engineer, you will be working closely with the mobile games team to develop a custom backend infrastructure. You will provide architecture and scalability guidance for our gameplay engineers to ensure we are leveraging our backend platforms properly.
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain highly scalable backends in a zero-downtime environment for thin client mobile games.
- Contribute to best practices on reliability and availability.
- Work closely with game designers and gameplay engineers to realize responsive multiplayer gameplay.
- Actively participate in code and architecture reviews.
- Coordinate with several departments on backend and analytics engineering needs.
- Enthusiasm for games in general.
- Solid experience working within the AWS ecosystem.
- Real-time multiplayer server experience.
- Experience with 3rd party API integration.
- 4+ years of experience working with backend technologies for mobile.
- Strong understanding and commitment to best practices for mobile application security.
- Database design and implementation skills.
- Experience with BaaS technologies like PlayFab, GameSparks, and/or GameLift.
- Client-side mobile development experience in Unity3D, UE4, Cocos2d-x, Corona, etc.
- Microservice architecture experience.
- Knowledge of network protocols and non-blocking IO.
- Good experience with Linux shell and scripting languages.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.