Data Governance Manager
This position will be a key member of the Information Technology team. Reporting directly to the IT Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager, this position will work closely with business operations, legal, and IT security teams to ensure compliance to data retention, classification, and the retention schedule. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating, updating, and maintaining policies and procedures, writing technical documentation, contributing to communications, creating process documents, and providing training as needed.
- Manage the corporate data retention policy, retention schedule, and data classification program.
- Develop and implement automated processes to align with corporate data policies
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with the company’s data policies.
- Act as an advisor on data retention, classification, and security
- Synchronize policies and procedures across subjects and cross functional teams
- Create and maintain technical documents, including policies, procedures, and standards
- Translate technical information and specifications into user-friendly content
- Create and implement training material on data and document retention and classification policies
- Assist in the policy lifecycle by monitoring changes to the standards and regulatory landscape
- Ensure that documents meet applicable technical industry and compliance standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years + of experience in the legal, compliance, governance, or risk fields
- 3 years + in project/program management experience
- 3 years + in one or more of the following areas: policy and/or technical writing, project management, compliance, risk management, and security and legal support
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project/program leadership skills
- Demonstrated success prioritizing and delivering multiple project
- The ability to develop strong relationships with senior level executives, internal and external stakeholders, and cross-functional business team
- Experience delivering documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to communicate with varied company stakeholders utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with regulatory frameworks such as GDPR and CCPA
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.