Web Application Developer
ZeniMax Media, the video game powerhouse behind such hits as Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Dishonored, Wolfenstein, and more, is seeking a Web Application Developer for the IT Application Team in our Rockville, MD office.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, excited about using technology to make everyone’s job easier, enjoys working on and solving problems, communicates effectively, and can work with and add to the value of our small team.
If the following describes you, we’d love to talk to you!
- You are comfortable using modern design patterns to create dynamic web applications in frameworks like Symfony or Laravel.
- You are comfortable designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining a wide array of applications from CRUD applications to marketing websites.
- You can handle working with legacy code with the understanding that you can improve it or re-code it, as time permits.
- You are passionate about programming and can use your skillset and experience to troubleshoot complex problems in any application.
- You are comfortable with the Linux command line environment. You understand the basics of databases, particularly how they are used in web apps. You have experience with making a web application modern, secure, and simple.
- You understand basic DevOps practices, including the process where your code flows through the development cycle and into production.
- You take pride and ownership in the work you create; you thrive in a startup culture where no task is beyond your reach; you have a strong attention to detail; you excel in a collaborative team environment.
- PHP, MySQL, Node, and Python
- Experience with Laravel, CodeIgniter, MVC design pattern
- Git, JIRA, and Confluence
- Knowledge of security best practices in modern web application environments
- Familiar with Cloud concepts, such as the use of containers, serverless computing, and CDNs
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.