ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a creative and energetic Senior Media Artist to join our Creative Services team. The Senior Media Artist will help create in-game promotional art for one of the most beloved, award-winning franchises in history, and will bring to life action or story sequences through control of lighting, characters, and props while maintaining the look, feel, and essence of the game experience.
• Create cinematic images through creative use of in-engine game tools
• Support the studio and marketing teams to deliver world-class visual assets
• Help capture imagery for print, online media, ads, and in-game UI
• Receive and provide feedback in a constructive and collaborative manner
• Critique one’s own work, be self-motivated, and meet set deadlines
• 3+ years of relevant experience in the industry or educational equivalent
• Strong understanding of cinematography, design intent, and character narrative
• Excellent composition, lighting, and camera angle choices; must have a portfolio demonstrating excellence in composition, color theory, and narrative; photography examples are a plus
• Exceptional eye for color theory in a visual media
• Artistic and creative vision
• Must have a positive attitude, be a team player, and have excellent communication skills both verbally and written
• Ability to adapt to changing creative direction
• Proficient user of Photoshop
• An understanding of video games and gamer communities
• Working knowledge of current 3D software or game engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal)
• Worldbuilding and Environment Art production experience
• Familiarity with video editing tools (Premiere preferred)
• Training in anatomy and animation fundamentals is a plus
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.