Global video game publisher/developer headquartered in Rockville, MD, seeks a Data Engineer. This position works within the Enterprise BI Team and is responsible for the development of the Data Platform for Enterprise wide reporting. The Data Engineer will be supporting a broad range of data pipelining needs from all facets of the business, including e-commerce, financial, and game event data.
The incumbent will have at least 2+ years of previous experience partnering with both technical and business teams to facilitate implementation across the enterprise. The Data Engineer will facilitate the creation of data pipeline processes to move data from enterprise data sources such as relational databases and log files.
- Work within the Enterprise BI team, supporting the creation of data pipeline processes for ingesting data at large scales
- Work directly with Data Modelers, Enterprise Architect, and Analysts, ensuring that business requirements are being met
- Directly work with the Data Engineers and Data Modelers to understand the source and target structures
- Coordinate with the analysts and report developers to ensure data can be easily digested by Business Intelligence tools
- Be able to straddle differing subject areas such as in game vs business data source
- 2+ Years of Experience with a major programming language (C/C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Comfortable working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured source data
- A strong communicator, is comfortable interfacing directly with differing customers across the organization in addition to the BI team
- Working experience with the SCRUM development framework
- Apache Spark experience a major plus (Spark RDDs, Spark DataFrames, Spark SQL)
- Databricks experience
- Scala, Python, or Java Experience
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure Services, especially data related components
- SQL skills – able to query data sources and generate results from complex structures
- A clear understanding of both row and columnar storage databases
- Experience working within the Video Games industry is desired, though candidates from outside of the industry are also welcomed
- Understanding of Free to Play/Micro transaction Business Model is a plus
- A personal interest in video gaming is a plus
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.