Lead Online Engineer
Arkane Austin is looking for a Lead Online Engineer to join us and lead our online technology group as we experiment with new types of immersive sim gameplay.
- Report to the Director of Engineering and manage a small team of engineers whose responsibilities include the design, implementation and management of game client and server replication logic and communication, as well as a small self-directed team of backend engineers.
- Manage design and implementation of client/server technologies and systems, including suggesting improvements and new systems that could benefit our titles.
- Work closely with Gameplay and Design teams to ensure the backend technology is solving the needs of our titles.
- Work closely with other members of the team and set priorities
- Contribute as an active member of the Online team
- 5+ years of experience working in online games
- Substantial work on at least one shipped AAA game title
- Excellent knowledge of C++ including reviewing modern C++ code
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with source control (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Strong coding, algorithm design, debugging skills
- Excellent delegation skills and ability to empower others on the team
- Ability to accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Previous experience as a Lead Engineer or higher managing a team of engineers.
- Experience with multithreaded, real-time systems
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Unreal Engine 4 network experience
- Experience working in Linux environments
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.