Arkane Studios is looking for a knowledgeable and passionate Online Engineer (Mid-Level or Senior) to join our team in developing AAA games for PC and consoles. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of online video game technology.
- Architect and implement new online features as needed by our titles
- Maintain and debug our current online systems
- Integrate exposed backend service communication APIs into game client and servers
- 3+ years game industry programming experience
- Previous networking or online feature work on at least one shipped AAA game title
- Strong knowledge of C++ and online communication
- Strong coding, algorithm design, debugging skills
- Demonstrate a desire to continually learn and hone skills
- Must be able to self-manage while taking responsibility of tasks and time
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Passion for video games or gaming
- Experience with multithreaded, real-time systems
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Unreal Engine 4 network experience
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.