UX Gameplay Programmer
MachineGames is looking for a senior UX Gameplay Programmer to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for the architecture and implementation of UI/UX related features in our games. Quality and end-user experience will be our guiding stars. You will collaborate closely with other teams and stakeholders of the studio, for example design, gameplay programmers, and artists. As a senior member of the studio you will mentor less experienced team members. An appreciated aspect about MachineGames is that everyone have the possibility to affect our internal work procedures, by suggesting how to utilize new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow.
The UI/UX team is a smaller group which in turn is part of the larger Gameplay team. You will report to our Lead Gameplay programmer with dotted line to our UI/UX Team lead. Our Gameplay team is a group of committed and experienced programmers who are passionate about games.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of the capital Stockholm. It has a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
MachineGames is a part of Zenimax Media inc. alongside sister studios Alpha Dog games, Arkane studios, Bethesda game studios, Id Software, Roundhouse Studios, Tango Gameworks, and ZeniMax Online Studios.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value Team performance over individual performance
- We practice an open door policy
- We deliver what we promise
- We give constructive and actionable feedback
- We practice ownership and accountability
- We learn from our mistakes.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you are not an EU citizen and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Architect and implement features in C/C++, that is CPU, GPU, and memory efficient, with an eye to a quality end-user experience.
- Develop, extend, and debug UI/UX related to our titles.
- Collaborate well with programmers and other disciplines involved in the day to day work.
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and collaborate with them to improve code quality.
- Help mentoring less experienced team members.
- Proactively provides suggestions on how to utilize new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow.
- Demonstrate and applies strong problem-solving and debugging skills in C++.
- Write clean, professional, well commented, and maintainable code.
- Show good knowledge of linear algebra.
- Have experience in writing software using UI/UX frameworks.
- Are independent and self propelled with little need for supervision
- Lead by example and tutor less experienced co-workers within your discipline
- Continuously look for ways to improving processes and achieve results. Isn’t satisfied with the status quo. Comes up with solutions to problems or challenges.
- Exhibit a high level om communication skills, both by listening and sharing information. You provide constructive feedback to individuals and teams and you take initiatives to collaborate cross functionally.
- Lastly, you are passionate about games!
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.