Division: Bethesda Game Studios - Austin | Department: Marketing & Public Relations |
Austin , TX, US
Joining the community team at Bethesda Game Studios, this successful candidate will manage the day-to-day community-related activities for existing and upcoming games, and includes support for all of our titles across multiple platforms. Duties include managing official community websites, social media channels, and events for the game. In this role, the candidate will also work directly with Bethesda’s Communications team (Community/Marketing/PR).
- Work in collaboration with Development, Quality Assurance and Customer Support teams to ensure a positive player experience, including deploying patch notes, interfacing with the community to aid in resolving issues, etc.
- Process community feedback and help conduct private and public tests.
- Contribute to community reports including player reactions, metrics, and research.
- Become a key representative within the gaming community for our titles – including PC, console, and mobile games.
- Build relationships with key players in the community, including but not limited to fans, influencers, evangelists, live streamers, members of the modding community, and various community channels such as Steam, Reddit, Discord, etc.
- Develop a pre- and ongoing post-launch community development strategy that fosters audience growth and retention through tactics including content production, social media engagement, influencer outreach, and more.
- Participate in development of community assets such as game videos, social media content, podcasts, developer interviews, product updates, livestreams, written content, and more.
- Represent the brand and studios at trade shows, exhibitions, and other events.
- Assist other members of the community team with community-related tasks – including efforts on other titles.
- BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in community management.
- Strong understanding of and adaptability to popular social networking tools and trends.
- Proven history of maintaining and developing the community.
- Knowledgeable on latest technologies and techniques used in building and maintaining successful gaming communities.
- Drive to innovate community practices and bring community management to the next level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking and live broadcast/stream experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and positive spirit in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working in a technical background such as development or production a plus.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment.
- Passion for Bethesda Game Studios titles and games in general, including titles played on PC, console, and mobile devices.
- Strong understanding of competitive landscape of games.
- Willing to travel for events, meetings, conventions, etc.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.