Division: Bethesda Game Studios - Austin | Department: Design |
Austin , TX, US
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a talented Systems Designer to join our growing team. In this role, the Systems Designer would be responsible for designing, balancing, and maintaining game systems.
- Create and maintain easy to follow design documentation for compelling and accessible game systems
- Get hands-on and implement gameplay elements and content in a proprietary toolset
- Maintain and balance existing and future game systems
- Prototype new ideas and systems with existing tools and game script
- Identify problems with game systems and work to find good, achievable solutions
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure consistency, scope, and quality of systems
- 2+ years industry experience as a systems or gameplay designer
- Experience with a variety of established game toolsets
- Experience scripting or programming complex interactivity/gameplay
- Excellent communication skills and experience with collaborative documentation tools
- Expert user with Excel
- Excellent math skills
- Candidate must supply text-based scripting samples (2 to 3) that best demonstrate their scripting ability, or be willing to take a short scripting test of our choosing
- Candidate must be willing to take a short Design test of our choosing
- Previous game industry experience
- Experience playing previous Bethesda Games Studios games
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.