Division: id Software | Department: Art |
Richardson , TX, US
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media family, is seeking a talented ENVIRONMENT concept artist that has the ability to create a diverse visual range of REALISTIC 2D scenes and environments for Sci-Fi and Fantasy IP’s. A solid grasp of industrial design, cinematic lighting and composition is essential. Basic knowledge of a 3d modeling program (Maya/3DS Max/Modo etc.) is a plus. Must have STRONG digital painting, drawing and sketching ability.
- Help define the look of fantastic, never before seen sci-fi and fantasy worlds from the inside out.
- Create visually stunning environments and set pieces for AAA Sci-Fi/Fantasy game properties.
- Create marketing illustrations for projects in-development.
- Produce lighting keys for matt painters and level lighting artists that provides clear direction for the player with cinematic flair.
- Create production illustrations for internal IP development and in-game narrative sequences.
- Collaborate with the Leads, Directors and Level Designers to define playable games spaces that look SPECTACULAR.
- Work closely with level designers providing loose iterative sketches on their developing gameplay ideas as related to environments and key set pieces.
- Produce great work on time.
- Provide and receive feedback at a professional level
- Support the creative goals of the project, the studio and the Directors.
- Maintain workflows that blend seamlessly with the pipelines established by the team.
- Make the game better at every opportunity
- Excellent 2D digital illustration skills with a strong grasp of composition, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment and architecture.
- Outstanding tradition/digital drawing and sketching ability with a focus on architecture and cinematic scenes.
- Must be able to ideate quickly, communicating rough ideas clearly with a refined short hand sketching style in both black and white or full color
- Basic understanding of a 3D modeling software package.
- A world class imagination and an unrelenting desire to create the most visually stunning environments and scenes in the Entertainment Industry today.
- The ability to invent a fictional culture/world from the ground up.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with team members of different disciplines.
- Good positive attitude and outlook, self-motivated, and a great team-player.
Desired Skills and Pluses:
- Significant contributions to at least 1 AAA shipped game
- Familiarity with id Software games, characters, brands and universes
- Proficiency with modeling tools (Max, Maya, LightWave, Modo or other similar) or understanding of modeling process.
- University or equivalent art-related degree
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.