Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Programming |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for a Gameplay Engineer to join our team in developing our next title. The successful candidate will have solid knowledge in the design, implementation, optimization and support of gameplay systems and be a self-motivated, energetic team player with a healthy work ethic and cooperative attitude.
- Work with the Lead Gameplay Engineer, producers, designers and artists to design and plan gameplay and online features from conception to completion.
- Prototype, build and maintain gameplay systems and features
- Identify and implement platform specific optimizations to gameplay systems
- Work on other game systems and features as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years game industry programming experience
- Substantial work on at least one shipped AAA game title
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Solid architecture and software design ability
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
- Experience with animation systems is a plus
- Experience with multithreaded and real-time systems a plus
- Expertise with network and online features a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Accurately estimates schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.