Senior Gameplay Animator
Division: MachineGames | Department: Art |
Uppsala , SE
MachineGames is seeking an exceptional Senior Gameplay Animator to join our team in making AAA games!
Key areas of responsibilities
As Senior Gameplay Animator your key areas of responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with the director and lead to help define and maintain the high level animation for player and enemy design.
- Create Enemy (AI) animations and Player animations with a focus on style, playability and 'flow'.
- Work with all disciplines to develop content implementation tools, technology and workflow.
- Identify, communicate and try to resolve animation related issues quickly and efficiently.
- Create high quality realistic/stylized and believable animations utilizing hand key animation and motion editing according to gameplay specific needs.
- Being able to do quick blockouts for gameplay tests.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to create a cohesive vision and experience.
- Troubleshoot and solve animation issues with all departments.
- Implement animation assets into game engine and iterate as needed.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title.
- Technical experience working with game engines and game animation implementation.
- Expert level knowledge of Motionbuilder and experience in editing motion capture data.
- Expert knowledge of basic principles of animation: timing, dynamics & body mechanics
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Passion for video games and especially for first-person immersive games
- Receptive to direction, constructive feedback and willingness to work through an iterative process.
- Adapt to technical dependencies and engine limitations.
- Experienced with proprietary editors or other engines like CryEngine, Unreal, or idTech.
- Basic knowledge of Maya.
Sample Work Required
- Experience animating creatures or quadruped characters
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Animation. Or Game Development
- Strong familiarity with MachineGames´ titles.
- Demo reel should include examples of previous animation work.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.