Character Animation Engineer
Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Programming |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for an Character Animation Engineer to join our team in developing AAA games for PC and console systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of robust character animation systems and expert knowledge of skeletal animation in general as well as be a self-motivated, energetic team player with a healthy work ethic and cooperative attitude.
- Collaborate with technical artists, animators and gameplay engineers to develop a character animation system that allows gameplay code to interact with an existing skeletal animation system
- Conceive, develop and maintain animation blend graphs with the animation team to support gameplay requirements
- Make changes to the skeletal animation system when necessary to support gameplay requirements
- Identify and implement platform-specific optimizations
- Work on other game systems and features as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- At least five years’ experience programming games
- Substantial work with animation systems on at least one shipped AAA game title
- Experience developing and working with animation blend graphs, real-time IK, and animation compression
- Experience with animation systems
- Experience with real-time concurrent systems is a plus
- Excellent C++ language and design skills
- Able to write clear, correct code that is portable and maintainable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.