Lead AI Engineer
Arkane Austin is looking for a Lead AI Engineer to join us and lead a team of talented engineers in developing AAA games for PC and console systems.
Our emergent gameplay style and immersive simulation leads to a lot of challenges. As a Lead AI Engineer, you will split your time between guiding a team of engineers solving those challenges while also contributing to the engineering development effort.
- Report to the Director of Engineering and manage a team of engineers whose responsibilities include the design, implementation, and maintenance of AI related systems and features
- Work closely with production and design teams to provide feedback on feature design work
- Work closely with production staff and other team leads to plan and schedule work for your team
- Contribute as an active member of the engineering team
- Work with the team to identify, plan and execute optimizations to AI systems
- Mentor AI team engineers
- Computer Science degree or equivalent degree and/or experience
- At least 5 years of game industry experience, with at least 3 years as a Lead Engineer or higher managing a team of engineers
- Substantial work on at least one, two preferred, shipped AAA multi-platform games
- Excellent C++ language and design skills
- Cross-platform experience (PC, Consoles)
- Familiarity with modern AI systems and architectures
- Familiarity with navigation, locomotion, animation, collision, and physics systems
- Excellent delegation skills and ability to empower others on the team
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule
- Experience with real-time concurrent systems is a plus
- Experience with network and online features is a plus
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.