Senior Network Engineer
Division: id Software | Department: Programming |
Richardson , TX, US
id Software is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team in developing AAA games for PC and consoles. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of large-scale client/server applications using primarily C++. Extensive experience developing online games is required. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology, have excellent problem solving skills and a desire to work in a creative and collaborative environment.
- Work with engineering teams to architect new systems and refine existing game systems including features related to online games (client-server networking optimization, integration with backend services, data authority management, game persistence, etc…)
- Work collaboratively with designers, artists and other team personnel involved in the development of products as required to ensure quality and cohesion across disciplines.
- Test and refine code and systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Diagnose and fix live service issues
- Lend support and guidance across multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ knowledge
- 5+ years professional software development experience writing client-server game applications
- At least one AAA title shipped as a contributing online engineer
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Expertise with network programming and optimization
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Able to accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work.
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude.
- A passion for gaming and a working knowledge of online products
- Experience developing for an online environment
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience optimizing code for memory and CPU utilization
- Experience in a “Live” environment (ongoing support of a product after launch)
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.