Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. We are also proud to announce our newest upcoming title, "Deathloop" - an innovative take on first-person action!
Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999. Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in Lyon town center.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, 25 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport titles, onboarding program, etc.
To expand its programming team and strengthen its internal technology, Arkane studios Lyon is seeking talented Engine Programmers. These positions are opened to different levels of expertise, from industry veterans to less experienced candidates.
Responsible for adapting, maintaining and optimizing the code of our game engine for PC and consoles. Multipurpose, he/she will deal with technology issues that will come up during production (IO, audio, physics, rendering, memory, and etc)
• Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project.
• Develop and optimize the code of engine subsystems by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
• Work with the studio existing software technology and build new technology inorder to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
• Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
• Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
• Strong knowledge of C/C++
• Experience in building multithreaded, real-time systems
• Experience writing systems balancing performance and maintainability
• Ability to fearlessly jump into large, existing code bases
• Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
• Strong communication and organizational skills
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.