Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Design |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for its next Level Designer that will be in charge of translating game design into playable and fun maps. In addition to talent and passion, we want a designer who is smart, collaborative and who loves the kind of games we make.
- Produce the level design documentation maps, including mission’s intentions and high-level concepts
- Create the level layouts (simplified level geometry) in collaboration with the level artists and architects
- Implement gameplay events into the maps by using specialized tools (world editor, scripting systems…)
- Collaborate with all development disciplines to shepherd a map through the iterative process, from inception to final
- Analyze and fix level design bugs
- Creative and great sense for what makes a game or level fun
- Strong methodology and problem-solving ability
- Game industry experience required. 5+ years preferable
- Good working knowledge of 3D, time constraints and technical knowledge
- Previous work experience with a AAA editor (i.e., idTech, Unreal, CRYENGINE, etc.…)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Must submit work samples
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.