Senior Technical Engineer
Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Programming |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for a Senior Technical Engineer (aka, Tech Generalist) to join our team in developing our next title! This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a small and focused team of developers with a proven track record of making awesome games. Our style of immersive simulation and emergent gameplay creates many challenges. As a Sr. Technical Engineer, you will use your technical abilities to provide best practices and support a team of programmers while also being a productive part of the development effort.
- Report to the Lead Technical Engineer and work closely with other team leads to plan and schedule tools and technology features
- Must be extremely well versed with great low-level skills and be able to apply those skills directly
- Ability to contribute as an active member of the engineering team
- Programming responsibilities include the design, implementation, and maintenance of development tools, audio, animation, graphics and hardware systems
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive build system
- Monitor performance and memory usage as well as plan and execute performance and memory optimizations
- At least 5 years of game industry experience
- Expert C++ coding and systems design experience
- Cross-platform experience (PC, Xbox One, PS4)
- At least one, two preferred, shipped multi-platform games
- Fundamental understanding of all aspects of game engine development: 3D, sound, physics, AI, networking, multi- threading, UI and tools, with a passion for learning
- Excellent delegation skills and ability to empower others on the team
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.