Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Art |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for an Environment Artist to join our team in creating AAA games for PC and next-generation console systems. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Lead Environment Artist and other Art Leads to create 3D props, architecture, and environment assets to integrate them into game levels. The Environment Artist may also be called upon to optimize created assets to meet technical requirements.
- Experience with creating game ready assets, taking them through modeling, texturing, baking pipeline, and rendering to engine.
- Proficiency in Maya and Photoshop. Knowledge with other industry standard tools such as Substance Painter/Designer and Zbrush.
- Texture using both procedurally and hand painted techniques using a PBR workflow.
- Able to work from photo reference or concept art when available, as well as, ability to interpret design intention, pushing it further as needed.
- Good communication, collaboration, and interaction skills to be able to work well with multiple departments.
- Self-motivated, driven, and able to manage workload independently under time constraints.
- Must submit work samples, and may require a completion of an Art Test.
- Relevant experience with multiple game editors.
- Flexibility to adapt asset creation to any art style.
- Understanding of modularity and the use of trim sheets for optimal level building.
- Able to leverage existing assets to create new or variations on similar assets.
- Strong knowledge of technical game art theory (texel density, polycount, optimization, etc.) and traditional art theory (function, form, shape, proportions, color, etc.).
- Ability to self-critique your own work, iterate, and make decisions on ways to improve your work.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.