Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Art |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is currently looking for a strong Technical Animator to join our Austin, Texas team. We are looking for a candidate with experience in building and supporting content creation pipelines, creating tools, and improving processes to increase the efficiency of the animation team. They will have a proven track record of successfully working collaboratively with animators and cinematic artists, creating advanced and user-friendly rigs.
- Work with the animation team to define, create and maintain the animation pipeline
- Design and support complex character/facial/vehicle/props/weapon rigs in Maya
- Own the skinning process for a variety of characters, garments and gear
- Create custom tools and scripts in python to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation team
- Support and improve the integration of animation assets from Maya to game engine
- 2+ years of experience in video games as a technical artist/animator
- Experienced with game engines like idTech, CryEngine, Unreal, or Unity
- Experience creating and maintaining an animation pipeline throughout a production cycle
- Capable of rigging and skinning high quality, high and low-resolution character assets
- Experience working with Maya
- Experience with retargeting animation data via Maya
- Experience in creating animation state machines and blend trees in a game engine
- Understanding of physics simulation setup and implementation (ex: cloth, ragdolls)
- Receptive to feedback and able to work through an iterative process
- Must be a self-motivated team player with strong communication skills and positive attitude
- Working knowledge of both MEL and Python
- Strong passion for video games
- Experience developing first-person shooter (FPS) games and/or immersive-sims
- Experience working with MotionBuilder
- Knowledge of PyQt/PySide
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Animation, Game Development or Computer Science
- Animation background
Note: Work samples are required as part of your application.
Please submit work samples which demonstrate:
- Character rigging and skinning capabilities
- Documentation or videos describing previous tool development in python
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.