Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Art |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for skilled Level Architects to join our team in developing quality games for PC and console systems. Level Architects will work closely with Level Designers to create immersive levels that blend artistic quality with gameplay design.
- Responsible for designing and building a FPS level and maintaining it until release
- Partner with Level Designers who will provide narration, game ideas and scripting and collaborate with the Environment Artists who provide art support for textures, final models, etc.
- Visual reference research and proposal
- Geometry and levels prototyping
- Set dressing and assets placement
- Memory budget tracking
- Level debugging
- Work closely with the Lead Level Architect and other Art Leads to ensure levels meet quality guidelines
- Sensibility for architectural spaces, volume in general, circulation, lighting, detail distribution and image composition
- 2+ years of game industry and or (significant) modding experience
- At least one shipped title in the AAA space or (significant) modding experience
- Good handling and experience of (at least one) 3D software such as Maya for modeling
- Good handling and experience of (at least one) game editors such as UE, Source, CRYENGINE, etc…
- Capable of identifying and supporting gameplay needs and constraints within a game level
- Understanding of modular construction methods as it relates to design, memory and performance
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Passion for games and gaming
- Experience in photography, cinema or other related domains is a plus
- Work samples must be submitted at the time of application
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.