Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Marketing & Public Relations |
Rockville , MD, US
Events Director plans,implements and makes strategic decisions that involve the organization's participation in domestic and international trade shows, exhibitions and special events.
- Manages the organization's participation in trade shows, exhibitions and special events
- Develops event master calendar and plan and establishes annual budget
- Designs, develops and implements the organization's participation in events to achieve defined outcomes and results
- Works closely with house staff of event venues, hosts, hotels and convention center personnel to arrange specific event logistics
- Plans and modifies venue set-up and design
- Arranges for needed booth staffing, technical services and properties
- Secures entertainment, food and rooms and arranges travel and event logistics
- Negotiates for rates and discounts while ensuring adherence to approved budgets
- Manages regular and freelance events personnel in event planning, set-up, implementation, and take down
- Prepares evaluative reports for senior management
- Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / clients / vendors. Communicates to receive and transmit semi-complex information. Resolves semi-complex issues
- 8+ years of experience in an event planning position with 2 or more years of management experience.
- Experience with trade shows and other external events
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suites including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to work effectively in a highly confidential, fast paced environment
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple task/projects
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and willingness to travel
- Experience managing the budget for planned events
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.