Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Design |
Hunt Valley , MD, US
Zenimax Online Studios is hiring a Mobile Designer passionate about games and ZeniMax intellectual properties. Whether you’re a fan of The Elder Scrolls, Wolfenstein, Fallout, or any other of our award-winning properties, you’ll find something exciting to work on with us!
Our Mobile Designer will work with artists, programmers, producers and the rest of the ZeniMax team to create innovative cross-platform mobile games. We’re looking to do nothing less than create best-in-class games in the mobile space and we need a deeply passionate designer eager to pioneer new ideas, adapt classic play patterns, learn, and grow with the team.
- Collaborate with leadership to create games with interconnected systems from a macro to micro level. New twists on combat mechanics that enrich play patterns; player progression linked to strong social systems and a robust economy; and all elements beautifully intertwined in support of the brand and super fun, sticky experiences
- Effectively communicate your design visions to the team and other stakeholders
- Create and maintain game documentation from early game pitches to living GDDs, including all ancillary documentation necessary to support the game’s development
- Work with the team to create, test, and iterate on gameplay prototypes
- Analyze and thoughtfully evaluate all feedback, incorporating or refuting relevant comments with sound reasoning and data
- Champion design solutions based on feedback and work with the team to modify game concepts and mechanics accordingly
- Stay current with industry trends and learn from the success (and failure) of other games in the mobile space
- Candidate must have 3+ years as a designer in the games industry, taking games from conception to post-launch support
- Experience in user research and testing, with a data-informed approach to design
- Strong documentation skills and experience writing product specs, creating wireframes, game flows, and feature documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, collaborative problem-solving, and critical thinking
- Strong familiarity with Mobile economies, free-to-play mechanics, and Mobile design concepts
- Able to both receive and deliver constructive criticism and work well with a team
- Must be creative and flexible when faced with constraints
- An intuitive grasp of appealing interactive design and social dynamics in the Mobile space
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.