Senior Gameplay Engineer
Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Programming |
Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our team in developing our next title. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge in the design, implementation, optimization and support of large gameplay systems and be a self-motivated, energetic team player with a healthy work ethic and cooperative attitude.
- Work with the Lead Gameplay Engineer, producers, designers and artists to design and plan gameplay and online features from conception to completion.
- Prototype, build and maintain gameplay systems and features
- Identify and implement platform specific optimizations to gameplay systems
- Work on other game systems and features as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years game industry programming experience
- Substantial work on at least one shipped AAA game title
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Experience with animation systems and an eye for quality
- Solid architecture and software design ability
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
- Experience with multithreaded and real-time systems a plus
- Expertise with network and online features a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Accurately estimates schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.