Backend Services Engineer
Bethesda Game Studios is seeking a qualified Full Stack Services Engineer (Mid-Level or Senior) to help create and maintain backend services along with frontend websites for internal tools. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of horizontally scalable online services in an asynchronous environment. The backend consists of microservices written in Go. Our frontend websites are developed using a combination of Typescript, React.js, and Redux.
In this role you will primarily be developing internal web-based tools to assist with the development and live operations of games.
This role has the opportunity work on a variety of technologies and solutions that span everything from gameplay features to internal tools. The duties of the role will be dependent on the candidate’s strength and interests. On-the-job training is available as long as the candidate can be highly competent in one of the following areas of responsibility on day one.
- Implement new backend services in Golang
- Develop React.js website components using Typescript
- Contribute to multiple internal web-based or native development tools
- 1+ years of professional experience writing scalable web services or distributed systems (Go, Python, Node.js, Erlang, Ruby or similar language)
- Experience with design and implementation of REST-style API
- Experience with working in Linux and Windows environments
- Demonstrate a desire to continually learn and hone skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of backend Go experience
- 1+ year(s) of production React.js experience
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases and data modeling (MongoDB, Redis, MySQL)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Messaging Systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS)
- Experience working with source control (git, Perforce)
- Strong familiarity with Bethesda Game Studios games
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.