Backend Services Engineer
Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Platform |
Rockville , MD, US
The Backed Services Engineer will work with a team of talented engineers to develop scalable and high performance core platform services in a predominantly Python based infrastructure. The role focuses on hands on programming contributions while interfacing with multiple engineering and design teams, and quality for our products with an emphasis on iteratively learning actions.
- Write clean, maintainable code in Python that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), following best practices and software guidelines.
- Develop software for large-scale services and systems.
- Actively provide code review feedback to other developers.
- Debugs code, troubleshoots problems and develops solutions for production issues.
- Collaborates with other developers, quality engineers (QE), ops engineers and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continual operation and fanatical support of quality software.
- Understand diverse languages and technologies - Python, GO, MySQL, AWS technologies, etc.
- Commitment to creating an environment where the team can deliver high-quality work at a sustainable pace.
- Perform under minimal supervision on complex assignments.
- Other duties as assigned
- You should possess a strong technical background and a good grasp of software engineering principles, and good problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
- Ability to research and gain good working knowledge of technologies relevant to the strategic direction of the company
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and object oriented software design practices
- Working knowledge of Message Brokers (RMQ/SQS), RDBMS (MySQL) and Caching technologies (Memcached/Redis)
- An understanding distributed highly available and massively scalable system design.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience working with Game Studios with regard to integrating online services.
- Solid experience working within the AWS Platform.
- Experience working in a microservice based infrastructure.
- Experience working with Content delivery and Patching technologies
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.