Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Marketing & Public Relations |
Rockville , MD, US
Bethesda Softworks is looking for an energetic self-starter to provide administrative support to the events department. This position is a unique opportunity for a talented, professional, motivated and extremely organized candidate to work closely with Bethesda’s marketing and events team. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and self-motivated. You should have strong communication skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to handle confidential information. You should be a creative problem solver, extremely well-organized, take ownership of the tasks at hand, calm under pressure, and capable of multi-tasking. You will also be someone who enjoys being a team player, and can interact and work well with staff and management of all levels.
- Responsible for general administrative duties including scanning, photocopying, filing, faxing, mailing, and data-entry
- Submit purchase requests, vendor agreements and updating budget docs
- Prepare expense reports and keep track of receipts and expenses
- Attend weekly calls and meetings about upcoming events
- Prepare agenda and take notes for all event related calls and meetings
- Assist with special projects and other general office tasks as needed
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail including FedEx and UPS packages
- Coordinate numerous schedules and handle scheduling of meetings and calls for events
- Event Management
- Create social media copy, newsletters, promotional materials as needed
- Manage task lists and milestone schedules for multiple events at once
- Develop and maintain status reports on current projects that will be circulated company wide
- Create presentations and maintain information in them as events progress
- Create post-show internal reports, which will include quantitative results as well as qualitative feedback
- Maintain accurate guest lists for multiple events at a time
- Assist in coordination of logistics for senior management and executive events and activities
- Assist with vendor outreach, set up, payments, paperwork and overall vendor/partner management
- Communicate regularly with event sponsors, vendors and volunteers to ensure information is received in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform extensive research for venues, restaurants, caterers, florists, hotels and other vendors per event
- Prepare RFPs for potential vendors
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate decor to meet quality and brand expectations
- Coordinate and track contract reviews and approval processes with senior managers and internal legal team to execute documents in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with booking team travel, creating travel manifests and ensuring accuracy of hotel room blocks
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Collaborate with brand and PR teams on campaign and event strategy and messaging
- Submit tickets to video and design departments for upcoming event collateral needs
- Assist with ensuring event compliance with insurance, legal, health, safety and building obligations
- Proactively handle arising issues and troubleshoot emerging problems on event day
- Assembly and shipping of tradeshow and event supplies
- Responds to phone and email inquiries from perspective attendees and sponsors
- Interacts with sponsors to facilitate invoicing and sponsorship agreements
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as other cloud-based technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills, critical thinking, problem-solving, and analysis skills
- Professional demeanor
- Extremely organized and strong attention to detail and desire for accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a highly confidential, fast-paced environment and solve complex problems
- Able to shift focus quickly and to balance multiple projects at any given time while remaining high functioning
- Able to develop and implement organizational systems and office procedures
- Ability to work with multiple members of various teams on an ongoing basis
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances
- Must have valid driver's license, vehicle insurance and reliable transportation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively write business correspondence that is grammatically correct.
- Proficient in a range of social media applications including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Slack, Teamwork
- Demonstrable experience in communicating with company leadership, listening to their needs/goals, presenting solutions to their requirements, and working with suppliers, contractors, employees, and others to craft flawless, successful, fun events
- Demonstrable experience in researching market rates and negotiating with vendors
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously
- Desire to expand skill set and knowledge for both events, business growth & professional development
- Enthusiasm for events – all types and all sizes; Passion for corporate event/meeting planning, project management, organization, and analytic tracking.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers and external contacts to build and maintain successful teams
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Well-disciplined and a self-starter that is extremely resourceful
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a fast work pace, managing multiple priorities often under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty. All team members participate in every facet of our events: set-up, execution, and evaluation. No task is too large or too small for the right candidate.
- Have a willingness and ability to tackle things quickly and independently.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
- Must be able to work weekends and nights, periodically and in accordance with event needs
- Possess some form of graphic design and/or digital asset management background
- Prior experience in events/tradeshows and/or catering and hospitality field
- Prior experience using Oracle
- Prior experience using Photoshop, Illustrator or any aspects of Adobe suite
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.