Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Platform |
Austin, TX, US
Bethesda Softworks seeks a DevOps Engineer to work in a team environment that will help build, automate, and monitor the infrastructure platform for our games. Your mission will be to help make possible an operating environment for our development teams that provides the very best gaming experience to our players no matter where in the world they choose to play.
- You will act as part of a team of system administrators, network engineers, and database analysts building an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) platform.
- You will also work closely with other engineering teams to better understand their software enabling you to adapt the platform to their needs.
- As part of this self-guided team, you will have total ownership of the solutions we provide for our customers making availability, performance, security, and reliability critical to our success. We need to do this all at global scale, as well, so continual, iterative improvements in our process, technology, tools, and automation will be essential to allowing us to meet those goals as well as focus on the things that add value for our players.
The ideal candidate is a technology generalist (who may have demonstrated significant specialization in previous positions) who can comfortably and confidently work with and learn from an experienced team comprised of veterans from both inside and outside of the game industry.
You must have:
- At least 5 years of experience keeping online production environments operating at peak performance on bare metal, in the cloud, and in containers with at least 2 years of that experience focused on DevOps and service-based systems engineering. To be successful, you're also going to need to be a pro with Linux operating systems.
- Extensive experience automating system tasks and infrastructure using a scripting language (Python and Bash preferred) and excel with configuration management tools (Salt, Chef), service registry and discovery tools (Consul and Vault, etcd), infrastructure orchestration tools (Terraform, CloudFormation), and automated imaging tools (Packer).
- Experience automating public cloud deployments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and implementing and managing container orchestration (Kubernetes, OpenShift).
- Experience using and optimizing monitoring and trending systems (Nagios, Sensu, Graphite, Grafana), log aggregation systems (ELK, Splunk), and their agents (collectd, Telegraf, Fluentd, Logstash).
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) pipeline architecture (Jenkins, GitLab).
- Desire to be part of an incredible team. That means being someone the team can count on, who communicates honestly and respects others and their views, who adapts quickly to changing priorities, drives positive change, and is committed to giving 110%.
- True passion for video games because that’s why we do what we do.
- Prior experience in a 24/7 on call rotation supporting business critical applications or systems.
- Experience building and managing online game infrastructure
- Architecting, deploying, and managing private cloud infrastructure (OpenStack, Eucalyptus)
- Experience with developing microservice-based HTTP applications and servers
- A passion for security tools and best practices: OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing
- Experience performing full stack load testing in order to identify and address hardware, network, system, or application bottlenecks
- Networking experience both within Linux and with Cisco or Juniper network routers and switches
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.