Senior Software Engineer
Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Platform |
Rockville, MD or Austin, TX, US
The Senior Software Engineer will work with a team of talented engineers to develop the technology used by our Bethesda.net Desktop applications. This will require in-depth knowledge of modern web technologies, along with working knowledge of back-end service development. The role focuses on hands on programming and architecture contributions while interfacing with multiple engineering and design teams, and quality for our products with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with our UX team to develop compact, maintainable web components that can be used in our Desktop client.
- System Design and Architecture for our content delivery and desktop client products.
- Liaise with and manage third-party development teams to ensure a quality product.
- Drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, resource allocation, design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Actively provide code review feedback to other developers.
- Debugs code, troubleshoots problems and develops solutions for production issues.
- Perform under minimal supervision on significantly complex assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years web development experience which includes the programming/ development of web applications.
- Working knowledge of Desktop client frameworks (Electron/CEF).
- Solid experience working with Python-based web server components (Tornado, Flask, Django)
- Ability to research and gain good working knowledge of technologies relevant to the strategic direction of the company.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Good working knowledge of highly scalable web servers (e.g. Nginx, Tornado)
- Experience with Native/C++ client development
- Solid experience working within the AWS Platform
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.