Enterprise ETL Engineer
Division: ZeniMax Media | Department: Business Systems |
Austin, TX, US
Global video game publisher/developer headquartered in Rockville, MD, seeks an Enterprise ETL Engineer. This position works within the Enterprise BI Team and is responsible for the design of the ETL processes for Enterprise wide reporting. The ETL Engineer will be supporting a broad range of data integration needs from all facets of the business.
The incumbent will have at least 5+ years of previous experience partnering with both technical and business teams to facilitate ETL design and implementation across the enterprise. The Enterprise ETL Engineer will facilitate the creation of ETL processes to move data across enterprise data sources. The Enterprise ETL Engineer will be responsible for validating that the ETL processes align with the technical requirements and that either internal or externally developed systems properly meet the standards required for enterprise use. The Enterprise ETL Engineer will also act as a subject matter expert for the functions assigned to them, as a liaison to the business.
- Work within the Enterprise BI team, supporting the creation of Enterprise ETL processes
- Create and maintain ETLs that will support data models and business needs within the organization
- Work directly with Data Modelers, Enterprise Architect, and Analysts, ensuring that business requirements are being met
- Directly work with the Data Engineers and Data Modelers to understand the source and target structures
- Coordinate with the analysts and report developers to ensure data can be easily digested by Business Intelligence tools
- Be able to straddle differing subject areas such as in game vs business data sources
- 5+ Years of Experience
- A complete understanding of the full data pipeline - conceptual, logical, and physical
- Experience in Modelling
- Comfortable working in both OLTP and OLAP environments
- Strong SQL skills – as well as reviewing ERDs, able to query data sources directly to determine source/target mapping needs
- Comfortable working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured source data
- Comfortable in operating in both data warehousing as well as big data solutions such as Hadoop
- Able to translate requirements and define ETL needs prior to and during data model design
- A strong communicator, is comfortable interfacing directly with differing customers across the organization in addition to the BI team
- Working experience with the SCRUM development framework
- Experience with a proven ETL Solution. Experience with any ETL solution will be considered
- Experience working within the Video Game/MMO industry is desired, though candidates from outside of the industry are also welcomed
- A personal interest in video gaming is a plus
- Understanding of the Online Games Business Model is a plus
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.