Online Game Engineer
Division: Battlecry Studios | Department: Programming |
Austin , TX, US
BattleCry Studios is seeking a qualified Online Game Engineer to help create and improve systems. Come join our experienced team of developers who have a legacy of creating AAA games, including the latest DOOM DLC Pack. This is a terrific opportunity to work with some of the best people in the games industry.
The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of large scale client/server applications using primarily C++.
- Works with other engineers to architect and refine game systems (client-server networking optimization, integration with backend services, data authority management, game persistence, etc.)
- Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development of products as required
- Test and refine code and systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
- Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ knowledge
- 5+ years professional software development experience writing client-server and/or peer-to-peer game applications
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Expertise with network programming and optimization
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- A passion for gaming and a working knowledge of products
- Experience developing for an online environment
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience optimizing code for memory and CPU utilization
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.