Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
Division: ZeniMax Media | Department: Administration |
Rockville , MD, US
Global video game publisher and developer headquartered in Rockville, MD, seeks a Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
- Timely and accurate preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements including drafting footnotes and other disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Prepare and review work papers and documentary evidence underlying the financials
- Collect, synthesize and process financial statement edits received from senior management, auditors and attorneys
- Support the external audit and quarterly review process by resolving questions and providing requested schedules and support in a timely manner
- Prepare internal monthly and quarterly financial data for senior management
- Perform fluctuation analyses on account variances
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date process documentation
- Establish and monitor key internal controls over financial reporting
- Recommend and implement process improvements, as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses
- Other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 4+ years of public accounting or equivalent of industry financial reporting and/or internal control experience
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Proficiency with Oracle (preferred) or another large ERP, Oracle Business Intelligence, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Word
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, deadline driven and frequently changing environment and demands on the accounting team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certificates and Licenses: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Experience in the software industry preferred
- Experience with SEC accounting and disclosure standards a plus
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.