Sr. Analyst, Finance and Sales
Global video game publisher/developer headquartered in Rockville, MD, seeks a Sr. Data Analyst to join the Enterprise Business Intelligence team. This position works within the Enterprise BI Team and is responsible for the reporting and analytics for game, customer, and business data. The Sr. Data Analyst will be supporting a broad range of reporting and analysis needs from all facets of the business, including e-commerce, financial, and online game data.
The incumbent will have at least 3 to 5 years of related experience partnering with both technical and business teams to provide data analytics and reporting solutions. The Sr. Data Analyst will facilitate the creation of the reports and analytics for the sales and finance teams. The Sr. Data Analyst will also be responsible for data validation and making certain reporting aligns with the business requirements for either internally or externally developed systems.
- Work directly with sales and finance teams, ensuring that business requirements are captured and met
- Create and maintain the Tableau-based reports and analysis that provide visualizations and grid-style reporting that support decision making within the organization
- Maintaining and executing SQL for financial analysis
- Track work and provide updates in project management tools
- Work within the Enterprise BI team, supporting reporting from multiple data sources including, but not limited to: Relational Databases (Oracle, MySQL), Apache Spark/Databricks, Amazon Redshift
- Directly work with the ETL Engineers and Data Engineers to communicate and define reporting requirements
- Minimum 3 Years of Related Experience
- Experience visualizing data with Tableau (or similar software)
- Comfortable exploring and analyzing unfamiliar datasets, both structured and unstructured
- High attention to detail and regard for accuracy
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise reports and analysis
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of SQL and Excel
- Able to conduct requirements gathering and define business needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable interpreting data and discussing findings with leadership teams
- Some programming experience (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Working knowledge of GitHub or other code management tools
- Past experience working with consumer packaged goods and the sales lifecycle
- Understanding of fundamental sales and finance terms and disciplines
- Past experience working with ERP platforms and ERP-based data, preferably Oracle eBusiness Suite
- Project management experience
- Background in or passion for gaming
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.