ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for an exceptional engineering leader to be accountable for the technical direction and implementation of the infrastructure supporting development, publishing and operation of our online games. The successful candidate will work with Senior Leadership, Technical Directors and Architects to define and execute long term roadmaps and make strategic decisions on the technologies being used and the way they are being implemented. They will also manage the infrastructure organization and be responsible for driving technical standards and capabilities to a higher level and ensuring that our infrastructure is modern, secure, scalable and sustainable. The position will hold a key place on the Engineering leadership team.
This role will require that you work with a global engineering team and partner cross-functionally to deliver global infrastructure services for Game Teams and other infrastructure functions. You will closely partner with Live Operational teams, Program/Product Management, development teams, and with other partner organizations in the broader organization including Bethesda.net, the IT Infrastructure team, and IT Security.
- Proven track record of predictable results and delivery with a diverse infrastructure team, developing a compelling vision, building a strong team, and communicating effectively across the different initiative teams
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build relationships and influence across the organization and adept at working in a global, large scale, cross functional, highly collaborative and high-performance environment; ability to interact and effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong, broad infrastructure domain knowledge; ability to translate business strategy into enabling infrastructure solutions
- Deep experience with Cloud – Infrastructure as a Service, Container technologies, Container Package Management, Application Cloud Delivery Pipelines/Standardized Cloud Deployment and Serverless/PaaS public cloud services. Strong knowledge of public cloud ecosystems e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP
- Security knowledge and experience implementing security solutions for infrastructure and developing systems and processes to ensure that infrastructure is compliant to Security standards and policies
- Demonstrated strength in contract negotiations, vendor management, capacity planning and cost management
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills that result in conclusive recommendations / decisions
- Excellent change management skills and ability to drive transformation across a broad organization to build acceptance and alignment behind a significant change mission
- Strategic planning and strategic leadership of infrastructure at a large scale for both internal and external customers
- Extensive, successful experience leading infrastructure, architecture, and engineering teams in Gaming or related industries
- Experience rapidly integrating external vendors into existing development processes for quick evaluation and onboarding
- Familiarity with source control, messaging (RMQ), virtualization (vmware), automation, databases (MySQL/MariaDB/NDBCluster/SQL), CI and deployment, CDN and delivery, cloud infrastructure (AWS) and patterns, centralized logging and metrics, enterprise storage solutions, APIs (RPC and REST), web technologies.
- Accountable for managing and mentoring teams, increasing velocity and delivering value to internal and external customers
- Communicate with technical and non-technical business leaders on risks, roadmaps, and strategy
- Embrace and build upon a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement in all engineering processes and teams
- Champion and drive infrastructure transformations that provide scalable and sustainable value without major disruption to existing production pipelines or live services and provides all the functionality necessary for implementors and architects to deliver software meeting user requirements
- Select vendors and technologies, negotiate contracts, and grow and maintain internal and external partner relationships