Character Animation Engineer
Arkane Studios is looking for a Character Animation Engineer to join our team in developing AAA games for PC and console systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of robust character animation systems and expert knowledge of skeletal animation in general as well as be a self-motivated, energetic team player with a healthy work ethic and cooperative attitude.
- Collaborate with technical artists, animators and gameplay engineers to develop a character animation system that allows gameplay code to interact with an existing skeletal animation system
- Conceive, develop and maintain animation blend graphs with the animation team to support gameplay requirements
- Make changes to the skeletal animation system when necessary to support gameplay requirements
- Identify and implement platform-specific optimizations
- Work on other game systems and features as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- At least five years’ experience programming games
- Substantial work with animation systems on at least one shipped AAA game title
- Experience developing and working with animation blend graphs, real-time IK, and animation compression
- Experience with animation systems
- Experience with real-time concurrent systems is a plus
- Excellent C++ language and design skills
- Able to write clear, correct code that is portable and maintainable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.