Senior Environment Artist
Arkane Studios is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our team in creating AAA games for PC and next-generation console systems. The ideal candidate will help in creating detailed, story driven environments while working closely with the Art Director and Leads to create assets for integration into game levels.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Environment Artist or other relevant experience for creating game ready assets
- High level of proficiency in Maya, ZBrush and Substance Designer/Painter
- Demonstrate expertise of texturing using both procedurally generated and hand painted techniques in a PBR workflow
- Strong understanding of modularity and the use of trim sheets for optimal level building
- Able to work from photo reference or concept art, as well as ability to interpret design intention when concept is unavailable
- Flexibility to adapt asset creation to any art style
- Knowledge in traditional art principles and theory of function, form, shape, proportions, and color, etc.
- Knowledge of other industry standard tools, such as World Machine, Speed Tree, Marvelous Designer, etc.
- Strong knowledge of technical game art theory (memory limitations, streaming, collision, texel density, polycount, and optimization, etc.) to create assets that meet performance requirements
- Ability to work autonomously and manage workload independently with limited assistance or direction, as well as strong collaboration with all team members
- Ability to self-critique your own work, iterate, and make decisions on ways to improve overall quality
*Candidates must submit an online portfolio, and may require an Art Test*
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.