Arkane Studios Austin is looking for a Graphics Engineer to join our team in developing our next AAA title! This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a small and focused team of developers with a proven track record of making awesome games. Our style of immersive simulation and emergent gameplay creates many challenges. The ideal candidate will be passionate about rendering technology, have excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to work in a creative and collaborative environment.
*Position based in Austin, TX. Will consider remote.
- Report to the Lead Technical Engineer and work closely with artists and engineers to design, research, schedule and implement rendering features
- Work on related tools and technology features as required
- Ability to contribute as an active member of the engineering team
- Be comfortable memory and performance optimizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least one title shipped as a contributing graphics engineer
- Knowledge of C++, graphics engine & shader programming models & dedicated languages such as HLSL
- Experience with one or more rendering APIs
- Familiarity with global lighting methods, dynamic lighting, shadow rendering and similar concepts
- Good 3D math skills
- Passion for graphics programming and staying on top of current techniques
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with highly concurrent, real-time systems is a plus
- Experience with modern console development
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.