Senior Gameplay Engineer
Arkane Studios is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our team in developing our next title. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge in the design, implementation, optimization and support of large gameplay systems and be a self-motivated, energetic team player with a healthy work ethic and cooperative attitude.
- Work with the Lead Gameplay Engineer, producers, designers and artists to design and plan gameplay and online features from conception to completion.
- Prototype, build and maintain gameplay systems and features
- Identify and implement platform specific optimizations to gameplay systems
- Work on other game systems and features as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years game industry programming experience
- Substantial work on at least one shipped AAA game title
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Experience with animation systems and an eye for quality
- Solid architecture and software design ability
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
- Experience with multithreaded and real-time systems a plus
- Expertise with network and online features a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Accurately estimates schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
What to Expect
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your resume.
Due to the high volume of applications received, it's not possible for us to respond directly to each candidate.
Don't see your desired position listed? Apply under "General Application" instead!
If you are selected, you will be contacted by our team for an initial phone screen to chat about your previous experience.
You may go through one or two phone interviews, and possibly a follow-up Skype call.
If your qualifications do not match the criteria of a current position, your resume will be kept on file.
The next step will be an invitation to come out and meet the team at the studio for onsite interviews.
In the event that we choose not to move forward at any point in the recruiting process, we will let you know.
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the Applicant Privacy Notice attached to each position, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through our job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS OR ANY POSITION, SHARING THIS JOB, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE, WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW EACH POSITION.