Community Manager – Quake Champions
Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Marketing & Public Relations |
Rockville , MD, US
As a member of the Online Games division of the Community Management team, this successful candidate will manage the day-to-day community-related activities for the upcoming first-person shooter, Quake Champions. Duties include managing official community websites, social media channels, and live events for the game. In this role, the candidate will also work closely with Bethesda’s Communications team (Community/Marketing/PR), as well as the game’s development team at id Software.
- Working with Community Leads, develop a pre- and post-launch community development strategy that fosters audience growth and retention through tactics including content production, social media engagement, influencer outreach, and more.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure that community feedback for the game is addressed.
- Become a key spokesman within the gaming community for Quake Champions within company-hosted community portals and 3rd party sites.
- Build relationships with key players in the Quake community, including but not limited to fans, pro players, and livestreamers.
- Work in collaboration with Development, Quality Assurance and Customer Support teams to ensure a positive player experience.
- Participate in development of community assets such as game videos, social media content, podcasts, developer interviews, product updates.
- Process community feedback and help conduct private and public tests.
- Contribute to community reports including player reactions, metrics, and research.
- Represent the brand and studios at trade shows, exhibitions, and other events.
- Assist other members of the community team with community-related tasks – including efforts on other online titles.
- BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in community management (online games a plus).
- Strong understanding of popular social networking tools and trends.
- Proven history of maintaining and developing an online community.
- Knowledgeable on latest technologies and techniques used in building and maintaining successful gaming communities.
- Drive to innovate community practices and bring community management to the next level;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking and live broadcast/stream experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and positive spirit in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with photo/video/podcasting editing a plus.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment.
- Passion for competitive first-person shooters -- including id Software titles.
- Strong understanding of competitive gaming culture – including online tournaments and eSports.
How to Apply
Previously Applied? Click here.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.